Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Week in Review

My Week in Review...
P.S. I am unable to go onto the internet at work, so it's not as easy as it used to be to update the site...:(

It's been a bit busy for me (as it is with all of us, huh?)....last week I was able to meet Steve's missionaries from South Africa...Ted & Diane Weinberg. They were able to stay with us :) that was fun...to sit around drink coffee and exchange stories. I love hearing stories about God speaking directly into people's hearts & then to step up, take a leap of faith and trust HIM with our everythings :) They were in their late 40's when they left for Africa... Great people!

Thursday was a long day. But I was able to stop in and say hello to sweet Kelley Horn. I had been praying so hard during Ed's final moments, that she would NOT miss him going to be with Jesus. When it was my turn to hug her (there was a line to get to her at the funeral home) the first thing out of her mouth was, "Stacey, I was able to tell Ed to go Dance with Jesus!-"...Thank YOU JESUS...for allowing her that moment! Ed-I can almost see that smile from here...


I was also able to hang with my friend Leeann for a little bit. We caught up with each other 's lives...giggled, ate cheesecake, I played her some of my brother's new worship songs :) ( I've known this girl since she was a baby-what a beautiful Godly woman you are!)
Friday was a long day...(I began to not feel well and haven't since)
that night was Ed's Memorial Service...there are so many things I want to say about that night....his life, his legacy, his testimony-challenged me in so many areas of my life (as a spouse, a friend, a stranger, a co-worker)...his life was Jesus. Everything about him pointed to Christ.
The testimoy's of his life all mirrored each other. He NEVER complained about his cancer. He would call people and ENCOURAGE them, while HE was in the hospital!!! He reached out to everyone around him. He was always positive. He always encouraged the people in his life. A person was blessed to have encountered him. A person would walk away encouraged, loved and full of joy. Oh, how I want that...
One of the people said, "you truly see a person's character, when you see them go through a trial-Ed finished well"...Lord help me do the same!
It was a late night coming back from the Memorial service.
Got up bright and early and took Shelly to the airport (it was good to catch up even though I was half asleep driving..haha)
Saturday afternoon...went to a park to celebrate, Gracey's birthday(my friend Lori's daughter)-she's 4 years old! time sure does fly! I still remember all of the tears praying that the adoption would go through and the birth parents would not change their minds. Anyways... It was so HOT Saturday, ...man the heat really drained me that day...
Sunday was a real treat. I was able to go out and see my Maid of Honor Kathy from my wedding. I haven't seen her in a year. I just love her. We don't get to see each other that often but I love how we can pick up where we left off, without skipping a beat. God blessed me with her. She is truly one of my best friends. Sunday showed me just how much I miss her! God is doing tremendous things in her family. I love it! She lives in Grand Blanc...we spent the whole day out there...(we took JoJo and Dave too...)we had a great day...
I'm still not feeling good but now it's time to play catch up with all of the other things in my life...& respond to some things...I pray this finds each of you well..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoJo & Kathy!!!! I take it that is one of Kathy's babies? How adorable!!!! :0) I still can't believe she is a Mommy!!!

You all look awesome!!! I wish we could all get together....we had such good times together working at Melody! ;0)

Love,
Dawn

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home