Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Aaron....


Wow, here it comes again, that dreaded word I hate and I inevitably have to always say...GOOD BYE.

Today I have to say good bye to one of my dearest friends.

Have you ever met someone and you immediately "clicked"? that it feels as though you've known them your whole life but haven't? You have so much in common...you laugh at the same things, even when no one else does...or that you could be in a crowded room and look over and pretty much know what they were thinking, and bust out laughing, you like the same music, the same artist...That is how it is with my friend Aaron.

Who knew that in March 1999, when I walked into Family Christian, that God would bless me with a friend that was like family...that IS family. We call each other brother and sister. Together, we were those friends that is didn't matter what we were doing, as long as we were hanging out, had good music, it was all good :) Who knew that there was someone else in the world that LOVES Leslie Phillips, Margaret Becker and Amy Grant as much as me ?? hee

There is so much to say, but not enough room to share my heart about Aaron.

I am SO proud of you! You're faith walk has been an amazing journey to watch! Thank you for living out your faith and not just talking about it.

I am so glad you picked up that guitar...God is giving you a NEW SONG in your heart!

I will not forget what God has shown me & taught me over these past 7 years...the memories are etched in my heart....here are only a few...

  • September 11th...just crying together...
  • Cosmic bowling to hip hop music
  • late night Voice mails, crying out to God...
  • You were house sitting for a friend. It had been one of my worst days ever (after giving horrible news to a friend and having a miserable cold) we played silly 80's Video games on PS2 and then you played that song from IHOP, and you let me just be alone. Perfect timing...God timing. (did I ever say Thank you for that? )
  • Driving out to Joyce Meyer jamming to Fred Hammond and Israel-"We are a generation, that will give you Praise and Adoration!"...getting lost coming back home..hahaha
  • Hanging out all day-after seeing Michael W. the night before...just reading our Bibles, listening to teaching CDs and praying
  • One in Worship at Ford Field..."Do it AGain"....
  • Driving home from the Sam Phillips Concert, (Steve & Stef asleep) listening to "When the World is New" by Leslie Phillips
  • You came and stayed with me after my outpatient procedure. I was asleep on the couch most of the time...but you didn't care, you were still there...I got disappointing news...and you pointed me to the Father and we just worshipped. That was exactly what I needed. (thank you )
  • Buying me the hat :)
  • Jamming to Mary, Mary...thank you for the CD!
  • the many phone calls on the day of grandma's funeral
  • Lets not forget the numerous late night talks, the evenings we just sang and sang and sang...it could have gone on forever :) Soaking in His Presence.
  • the wonderful meals at Lashish and Little Bangkok (thanks for introducing Steve and I to that place!)

Man, I haven't cried since before grandma's funeral a couple of weeks ago...because I had to be so strong for everyone...but now I can't stop the tears are streaming down my face....I hate goodbyes...

As friends we've had silly times, serious times, misunderstandings, forgiveness, God times, worship times...and I praise God for all of them.

Be Blessed my friend...enjoy every experience that He gives you out there in KC...I can't wait to see what God is going to do in you.

I will miss you Aaron. I love you my brother, my friend.

" The LORD will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. "- Psalm 121:7-8

Philemon 1:4-5 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Kurtz said...

Bye Aaron! I will be praying for you and waiting to hear updates from you! I am so proud and excited for you! Praying God's best for you.

Love ya, KK

12:05 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Touched, thank you so much... we're not done making memories together, families don't stop being families because of a few miles.

Love ya,
-A

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home