Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Frank-O

My Father in Law Frank...
This man is an absolute treasure. He married Steve's mom, when Steve was a toddler. I KNOW, THAT I KNOW, THAT I KNOW...that Steve is the man he is today, because of Frank!

He is someone that "gets me", when I talk about God. I can tell him how I felt goosebumps during my quiet time with God and that I felt the presence of God there with me, and he wells up with tears and says.."I know..isn't that great! He does that with me too!"...

He is constantly a testimony to me, in all that he does,..."whether is word or in deed, do all to the Glory of God" Colossians 3:17...that is what he lives out!!

I leave you with a country song, that came out a few years ago by Brad Paisley. I never heard a more perfect song to descirbe Steve's relationship with Frank. I love you Frank. Happy Father's Day!

He Didn't Have To Be(Brad Paisley/Kelley Lovelace)

When a single mom goes out on a date with somebody new
It always winds up feeling more like a job interview
My momma used to wonder if she'd ever meet someone
Who wouldn't find out about me and then turn around and run
I met the man I call my dad when I was five years old
He took my mom out to a movie and for once I got to go
A few months later I remember lying there in bed, I overheard him pop the question and prayed that she'd say yes

And then all of a sudden
Oh, it seemed so strange to me
How we went from something's missing, To a family
Lookin' back all I can say, About all the things he did for me
Is I hope I'm at least half the dad, That he didn't have to be
he didn't have to be..You know he didn't have to be

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

What a sweet tribute, Stace. Thanks for sharing this today.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home