Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Worship- it will change your perspective

It's been a hard week, actually the last 2 weeks...

So much can change in a matter of a week, sometimes as quickly as a day.

But when you are down, it seems as though communication levels with people change. Misunderstandings happen, and hurt feelings are always a result. (*which is why I like to retreat-so that my overly sensitive heart won't get hurt as much)

It's been hard to deal with the loss of my grandma.

Still blows me away how kind some people can be and then how CLUELESS others can be at the same time. UGH!! A special thank you to those who have sent cards & emails to my dad!! He has really appreciated it. (he actually reads my blog...so I have to say, Hi Dad...Love you-hee)


But have you ever noticed that satan comes in and kicks you when you are down ? Something happens or something is said...and you are just down for the count ?? sometimes he even uses those close to you (close to your heart) to finish you off. THAT SUCKS!

Over my 30 + years...I have always wrestled with being overlooked, 2nd choice or last choice...if there were a time line of my life...you would see that as true. This week satan tried to use 2 separate friends to confirm what he has whispered my entire life. Did they do it on purpose...I don't know...I hope not...but it's how I react to it (and them) that matters.

And at that point of really enjoying my pity party and desperately longing to dive into some Baskin Robbins Ice cream for comfort ..I hear God whispering the verse from Isaiah..." I have imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; Isaiah 49:16"..so I began to just worship God...getting the focus off of my pain, off of my friends...and onto to HIM.
..my God and m King.

As much as we love our friends, & family...God is ultimately the one to fill us up, to gives us comfort and to be the best friend we long to have.

"Father come to me, hold me up, cause I can barely stand
My strength is gone, my breath is short and I can't reach out my hands
But my heart is set on a pilgrimage toward heavens own bright King
So in faltering or victory I will always sing...
You're my portion in this life, You're my strength now in my fight
To YOU I pledge my heart, that in the pain and in the dark, I'll love you
God I'll LOVE YOU!"

-Charlie Hall


Worship Him...it will change your perspective!

Psalms 42 & 43, where he says, "Why are you so downcast oh my soul?Why so disturbed within me ? Put your Hope in the Lord, For I WILL YET PRAISE HIM, MY SAVIOUR MY KING!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home