Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Friday, May 26, 2006

Perhaps “AMERICA” is tired of everyone being so “young and perfect”…


I have to say I am surprised to see who won on American Idol. ( I didn’t watch any of it) Instead of picking the typical Strikingly beautiful YOUNG girl, with long legs, long beautiful hair,..., I was surprised to see that “America” picked someone with a good voice, with gray in his hair, and who probably wouldn’t be on the cover of People magazine for the sexiest man alive.

The motto everywhere seems to be,… the younger (skinnier, perfect skin, etc) the better. And it keeps getting younger. It used to be an artist (no matter the music genre) was considered young if they were in there 30’s, then it became there 20’s and now you have to be a teenager! What’s really sad is that it’s creeping into our churches! NOT GOOD!!

Recently, I had a friend say to me, "what's up with all of the young, stick figures on stage in churches, these days?'...

The "world" seems to only place value on those young and perfect, they have become the voice…(who are ‘they’ anyway? Hollywood ?) it’s not God’s voice…and it shouldn’t be the church’s voice either! We all matter to God!

Perhaps “AMERICA” is tired of everyone being so “young and perfect looking”…

I love hearing inspiring stories of those of every age, those who’ve struggled through theri own adversities, and began to serve others, like Joni Erikson Tada-creating a camp for those with spinal chord injuries. Or others who have retired (in their 50-60’s) & then become missionaries, or who have gone into the inner cities to help the homeless, or an 80 year old blind woman who made phone calls from her apartment (with her brail yellow pages) and lead 1,000’s to Christ. These are the real hero's! The real role models!! people over 20..heck people over 50!!!

But if we don’t speak up, teenagers across the globe will think that turning 20 is horrible, when they have so much to look forward to. Or if they have a blemish or if they are not a size 4 they are not worth anything. Such lies from satan, to keep us from the purposes God has for us. (if satan can get us to become discouraged...he has suceeded.)


The church, those of us with the power of the Holy Spirit living inside us, have life breathing messages...& we need to speak up!

No matter if you have grey in your hair, no matter what your age, shape, disability or ethnicity…God wants to use you. You are NOT used up! God Loves and Adores YOU!!! He can and will use you, for HIS kingdom purposes. Just ask HIM.

I Samuel 16:7 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all of your soul and with all your strength.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Stace, the thing that hit me as you were talking about churches that ONLY use "sticks" on stage, was how much The Church tends to look to the world for it's ideas and inspirations. It's sad to me.

I pray for the day when the church get's her head out of the latest issues of Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly and The Wall Street Journal, and plants her eyes firmly on Jesus... When she finally sees Him in all His beauty, "the things of Earth / will grow stragely dim / in the light of His glory and grace."

Regarding Americas "new idol", I think the world is starving and ready for something that's not prepackaged into PERFECT, safe, sanitized, bite-sized, xerox copies... something real.

(soapbox returned with appreciation)

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure made me think with this statement "Young people are going to think turning 20 is horrible". SO TRUE! And I never thought of that before but it is so true. I think the real question is...when did the church begin to think that "it" doesnt set the standard? I thought Jesus set the standard? I get that we need to meet the "world" where its at....but isnt the world full of hurting and desperate people doing whatever they can to find love at all costs? Thet are looking for real love that the church is supposed to be offering. If I have to look perfect to go to church too....where will I EVER fit in????? I need Jesus to love me as this overweight girl from Melvindale...or life in church or in this world isnt worth it.
I love you, Kristi Kurtz

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Stacey! Thank you for sharing your heart. God has gifted you to share His love and His Word. I count it an absolute blessing to stand beside you as your friend and pray with you through our journies! Thanks for inviting me into your life on a regular basis, I love you! And thank you for rejoicing with me in God's glory even though you are hurting so deeply. You are continually in my heart and in my prayers.
Lor

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home