Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day Dad!


My Dad (or Turk as my brother and I call him...LONG SILLY STORY)...
He is so funny, sweet, supportive, generous, talented...just to name a few...

He is one of the most passive guys I know...that is until you mess with his daughter, and then this Knight and Shining Armor comes out. (It's so cute)-He is ALWAYS there for me...even now, he makes sure my car is running right-oil change, tires, brakes, etc (& will offer to join me to make sure the 'guys' at the car dealership don't hassle me :)

He is always concerned & has ideas to help me save money. Recently, after the death of my grandma, he called and said, "I know you had to pay for a hotel room, food, etc for grandma's funeral...so let's not do anything for father's day...to say you money"...Yeah right dad...if I've learned anything from Grandma, it was to LIVE life, and love on the family you have right now!!! (So I made him dinner :)

Now don't get me wrong...my dad and I had our normal "tention" as parents with their children do. I challenged him with curfew stuff, I didn't keep my room clean- he even video taped my messy bedroom & wanted to send it in to some Talk Show...hahaha but we always had LOVE & RESPECT.

He even drove through an ice storm to pick up a boy I liked, because he had no way to get to church...just because he noticed how sad I was.

A couple of years ago, myself, Steve and my friend Kristi got a horrible stomach/intestinal flu for a week. My dad drove all the way over to my house, to bring me popsicles and Canada Dry Ginger Ale (the only 2 things I could even look at the time), to make sure I was hydrated. (am I babied ? no I don't think so...I am LOVED)

The one thing that my dad does, that blesses me over and over again...is that he is my biggest fan, and there is no changing his mind. Since I was little and my brother and I began to sing...he never misses one time that I sing.

He watches some of these American Idol type of shows, and he always telling people that I should be up there..he's too funny. He 's so cute...he's even stretched his fondness onto 2 of my friends Kristi and Todd. He absolutely LOVES them and sings their praises...to everyone!! Actually, I think if he could have afforded it, he would have gotten on a plane, flown to Vegas & punched those judges from American Idol, when Kristi didn't get picked! hahaha and he's not even the slightest bit violent... That's just the way he is...when he loves, he loves with his whole heart...and he is true blue.

I thank God for you! I wished I would have let you teach me how to play the guitar...who knows where I would be right now.

I love you with all of my heart. I am honored to be your daughter.

" I am Tina's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
and when the day is done my mamma's still my biggest fan (and my dads)
I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends who love me and they know just where I stand...
It's all a part of me, and that's who I am .."

p.s. I never realized how much I looked like him, until my wedding pictures...hahaha

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Kurtz said...

I love this entry and I love your dad. What a privilege to have your dad be your biggest fan and take care of you like that. What a good daddy. Happy Fathers Day daddy Rowe....LOTS of love from me. :)

PS. I wouldve loved to see you punch the producers in Vegas...that wouldve been sweet! Haha!

PPS Stacey....you my friend are a gift and a joy. You voice is amazing and so is your heart. XOXOLove you.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home