Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

God Bless America


What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen for his own.
Psalm 33:12 NLT

For Americans, July 4 has special meaning as we celebrate Independence Day.

There will be parades and picnics and fireworks. It is a day to celebrate freedom—and to recognize God as the true source of freedom and blessing for any nation. So much of our freedom today seems bound up in a world driven by material possessions, yet those who died for the liberty we enjoy, did so to obtain & preserve freedoms of conscience—speech, religion, assembly, among others.

As the years go by, I am more overwhelmed with what a price our soldiers paid for our freedom.
If you can go to an event that honors those who have served in the armed forces, you won't regret it...! It's awesome to watch those who have served in their branch of the service standing up to their song ...I always tear up and sit a little taller when the Marine Theme song is played and my husband Steve stands up (HooRa)..so proud of you baby.

As much as I loved Australia...I will never forget our landing into LA...as the plane touched down, my friend Kristi began to sing, "God Bless America..."it was perfect... :)

...AMERICA-LAND THAT I LOVE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Kurtz said...

I totally hear you. I am such a patriot. I love America. I love our soldiers. I even despite public opinion love our president. :) The hairs on my arms stand up and tears come to my eyes as soldiers are honored for what they have done for us. We are indebted to them. Remember how in Australia we were listening to those kids in Mcdonalds talk about saving their money to "get to America"? Wow....now every single American needs to hear people talk like that....we forget how blessed we are. I like you loved going to Australia....(I still cant believe we went)...but nothing was like landing in LA and then seeing the sign "Welcome to the United States of America". Home. It was like seeing your best friend at the airport (I was with mine..hee hee) and getting a huge hug. God bless this country....may we rememeber to be forever grateful to live here. Thank you to those whoe have served and are serving right this second. We love you and we dont forget you.

Thank you Steve Hoover, John Kurtz (my daddy...Navy), and to Grandpa (my moms dad) whom I never had the privlege to meet....we honor you.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home