Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You are a Child of MINE

God is so much fun.

Back in 1998, I began reading a book by Sheri Rose Shepherd. I was having some health issues *(hives head to toe, chronic fatigue etc)…I found a book called “Fit for Excellence”. I loved it! Loved the author, loved her heart…it was quite an interesting book. (she talks about making better choices in your life..with food, reading the bible, prayer time, etc)

Fast forward to 2003. I came across her book called “His Princess-Love letters from a King…and loved it! Anyone who knows me, knows that # 1- Since I was a little girl, I have struggled with my self-esteem, or liking myself. # 2- I LOVE God!…I love everything about HIM…and I absolutely LOVE His Kingship, His Lordship! During that time I adopted I John 3:1 as one of my favorite verses…”How great the love of the Father that He Lavishes His love upon us, that we are called the children of God”. (Thus Lavishly loved)

Fast forward to the present.

This weekend Sheri Rose Shepherd is speaking at a retreat for NorthRidge Church. Myself and some other girls from church, have the privilege to sing for this event. As we met up for practice, to decide who would sing what song, what part on which song etc…we also worked on a Special song called, “You are a Child of Mine”.

Melanie (the leader of the worship team for our Women’s Ministries) asked me to sing the 2nd verse of the song…l

Here are the words…

“And so I listen as You tell me who I am
and who it is, I’m gonna be.
I hang on every word,
Knowing I have heard
I am Yours and I am free
But when I am alone at night
That is when I hear the lie
You’ll never be enough
And though I’m giving into fear
IF I LISTEN I CAN HEAR YOU SAY….

YOU ARE A CHILD OF MINE!!!

Let me say, I began to cry (surprise, surprise, haha)…

I am quite excited for this retreat. To hang out with girl friends…to sing and to meet Sheri Rose…I can’t believe it! You just never know what is around the corner in your life.
So I encourage you today, that whatever voices you are hearing today, whatever lies the enemy is saying to you…don’t listen…listen to GOD’S VOICE..YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE KING OF KINGS!


About Sheri Rose

Sheri Rose Shepherd has been a motivational speaker and Bible teacher for fifteen years as well as the keynote speaker for the Women of Virtue conferences and the national spokesperson for Teen Challenge (’94-’98).Sheri Rose has the gift to give all generations an eternal view of their lives.
She shares with total transparency how God carried her from a dysfunctional, Jewish,“Hollywood” home and a life of drugs,depression and an eating disorder to become a Daughter of the King. Her speaking style is humorous,heart-warming and based on Biblical Truth.


This former Mrs. United States does not talk of worldly accomplishments;rather she shares about the Crown of Life. She takes us back to the truth about Who we are, How much we are loved and Why we are here. Inspite of battling dyslexia, she has written several books including
Life Is Not A Dress Rehearsal Her two newest books are in the His Princess® series by Multnomah Publishers, His Princess, Love Letters from Your King and His Princess, Prayers to My King.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing this Stacey. It sounds like a great song. Have a great time with your friends and your Father at the conference!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home