Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Monday, April 27, 2009

Mommy Grace

The current book I am reading is called Mommy Grace...below is the first paragraph of the book...

" My newborn son lay sleeping in my arms. The overwhelming responsibility of the new little life weighed heavily on me. What if I failed to be all that he needed in a mother? Would his emotional well-being suffer if I gave him too much attention? Too little attention? Would his physical health suffer if I didn't nurse him long enough? or if I ate the wrong foods? Would his spirituality suffer if I didn't have the answers to his questions? would I mess up his whole life just by not being a good enough mother? "...Dr. Shelia Schuller Coleman, Mommy Grace

Wow!...yeah...I am liking this book.

Had bit of a frustrating week at Julian's 18 month appointment, as far as what he should or shouldn't be doing right now. Doctor's have an incredible way of heaping guilt onto people...& for moms, we are already fighting guilt every day (at least I am)

Praise GOD for HIS Word, that HE gave me that morning...


Psalm 90 (New Living Translation)
1 Lord, through all the generations you have been our home!

2 Before the mountains were born,before you gave birth to the earth and the world,from beginning to end, you are God.
3 You turn people back to dust, saying,"Return to dust, you mortals!"

4 For you, a thousand years are as a passing day,as brief as a few night hours.
5 You sweep people away like dreams that disappear.They are like grass that springs up in the morning.
6 In the morning it blooms and flourishes,but by evening it is dry and withered.
7 We wither beneath your anger;we are overwhelmed by your fury.
8 You spread out our sins before you-our secret sins-and you see them all.
9 We live our lives beneath your wrath,ending our years with a groan.
10 Seventy years are given to us!Some even live to eighty.But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;soon they disappear, and we fly away.

11 Who can comprehend the power of your anger?Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve.
12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,so that we may grow in wisdom.
13 O Lord, come back to us!How long will you delay?Take pity on your servants!

14 Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love,so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery!Replace the evil years with good.
16 Let us, your servants, see you work again;let our children see your glory.
17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval
and make our efforts successful.Yes, make our efforts successful!

And that is my prayer...GOD, LET OUR CHILDREN SEE YOUR GLORY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home