Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Morning...

I have been wanting to write about my son's love for Worship and for God...the morning of Easter Sunday...had to be one of the coolest stories ...

I have shared stories with my dear friends since he was about 5 months old...but never documented it...(Jennifer & Steve Cant have been with us at a worship service at church to witness his love of music & worship...) hee

Julian is now 19 months old...and I will finally share these cool God moments with all of you...

I must back up and say...that when I found out I was pregnant I began to pray for this baby. I prayed for protection, health (all of the things new parents pray for)...but I also
began to pray for some specific things...Most importantly that this baby would recognize the voice of God. Even in my tummy...that this baby would know God's voice even beyond mine.
I knew that I would fail this baby throughout his/her life...There was an email that inspired me to pray that for this baby... called The Smell of Rain...

I also prayed that this baby would love JESUS, love worship and would be a leader for the Kingdom of God.

NOW...God blessed me with a beautiful baby boy. However, he is the most strong willed, hot tempered, spirited, busy baby boy...I think I have ever witnessed.
( I actually had to wrestle with God that He didn't give me an easy going, melancholy baby....but that's a whole other blog) ha ha

But what did I pray for ??? I prayed for a leader...!!! (strong willed, spirited...yeah...I know...I did it to myself, right ? :)

Fast forward to about 5 months...I purchased the Hillsong KIDS DVD-Tell the World...I purchased it just to have kids singing worship music and for Julian to hear that...
**these are the days I miss my brother. We would sit around singing for hours. Just like we did growing up with our parents...I know that's where we got our love for music and for God.
I am even willing to start paying someone to come over to my house to play the guitar in front of Julian...:) ...We so appreciate our time with Aaron "True Dawg" Swanger...and how you pour your heart, soul, music and love for Jesus into Julian...love you bro!

Okay...back to the Hillsong DVD...

Once I began to play the DVD...it was just kind of background music.

However, there was 1 particular song that ALWAYS changed Julian's behavior. He would instantly stop whatever he was doing, close his eyes and smile...it was the coolest thing...it wasn't "just" music...

The song actually helped with his tummy time and sitting up...(some felt that it was just a coincidence)...then in his walker...as he would be busy, busy, busy...when the song would come on, he would stop, close his eyes, smile...and raised his hands...(Carrie B was the first to witness this)...tears...I still remember that so vividly...

I could be anywhere and start to sing the song and he would raise his hands. It became almost a novelty...and I didn't want it to be that way. I wanted him to realize (yes, even as a baby) how sacred this time was...

He is now picking out which DVD's to watch...he hasn't 'wanted' to watch Hillsong KIDS for quite a while... He is into The Wiggles and Mickey Mouse now...

BUT EASTER MORNING...( and I missed this because Steve & I had to go to different services because Julian had been so sick)...

Easter Morning...Julian had his milk and watched Mickey Mouse with Daddy...and then ran over to his DVD's...almost franticly searching for a specific one...finally he found it...HILLSONG KIDS...

Steve couldn't get the DVD in fast enough...then Julian takes the remote out of his hand and begins to fast forward the dvd to get to a specific song...

the song...

GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD...the 1 song that ALWAYS stood out for him...below are the lyrics..

God so loved the world
That He gave
God so loved the world
That he gave his only son

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain

He's risen from the dead
He is risen

He's high and lifted up
Heaven and earth adore


He had Steve repeat it over and over and over...he danced, he jumped up and down and lifted his hands...the way WE as ADULTS should celebrate Easter...He is RISEN...(coincidence??? I think not) of all the days...?? Easter Sunday!!! I love it!!

God truly speaks to us...even to our children...and HE LOVES US...and HE IS Risen!!! We should be rejoicing!!!! attached is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCX6uz19hAk

1 Comments:

Blogger A^O said...

That boy of yours is amazing just like his parents! I missed you the last time I saw Steve and Julian (you were getting the car). Love you!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home