Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A cool thing...

Oh I forgot to tell you...

...one day while on vacation, I had received a dissapointing email...it didn't crush me...but it deflated me...

anyways...it never fails...never fails that as the days get closer to my birthday, something happens or something is said to challenge my signficance, my self worth, my purpose, my giftings....etc...

My mom jokes and says it's because of her, when she was pregnant with me...but that's a whole other blog...

So Jani and I went shopping.

I go into the dreaded "big girl store" Lane Bryant....other reminder that I have failed yet another year of getting any weight off.

As I walked in,... I prayed. ( I have begun that habit because I am a credit card addict)
So I asked the Lord to help me be wise with my money, and to take away the self pity that I felt as soon as I walked in the door.

I went directly to the back of the store..to the clearance section...going through the shirts...and out pops a shirt into my hand.

The Shirt read...BELOVED ...

That's what God calls us...did you know that ??

I almost burst into tears, instead I started giggling...

He is so good and too funny...who knew HE would minister to me at Lane Bryant...


...and yes...I bought the shirt :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good that way, isn't He? He gave me a Coca-Cola once....

1:59 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Sometimes it's all in how you view it. On a different day that shirt might not have had the impact it did. You know? You are absolutely fabulous and everybody knows it except you! :)

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey baby doll....what a sweet blog entry...loved it!! Isn't it the truth that God uses the most creative tactics to catch our attention??! Works every time. Love you so much....

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home