Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Fresh Fire

Proverbs 29:18 (Amplified Bible)
where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man]--blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.

The last several months have been ....well, different for me. I don't know if it started when I kept getting sick back in August/September or after my grandma passed away and I began to fight insomnia...but as I said in previous blogs, I feel like a walking zombie. I feel numb and distant from God and others. (Funny sometimes how we feel this way, when things haven't gone the way WE want them too...)So I began to pray and seek God for an answer, a revelation, was there a sin I was not confessing to, what was He trying to teach me...anything...

Still nothing...silence. But I continued to press in...

I began to compare this year, with years past...to see where I lost some of my fire. The first thing that God revealed to me, was how many "events" I have attended in the last several years, and have been blessed beyond measure. In 2005, Kristi and I drove to see Joyce Meyer, and Beth Moore. AND I went to Kansas City to see Beth Moore with my sister in law, and then was able to see attend her live broadcast at Calvary. But in 2006...there have been no "big conferences"...

I slowly began to realize how I had begun to rely on those events to keep me "UP"...pumped up in Christ. These events are designed to encourage all believers in the DAILY walk with Christ..But not live 100% off of what I walk away with, from a conference, a Great Communion Service or even a great weekend service. We can't base our walks with God on these services. They are there to encourage us to dig deeper with God.

Beth Moore gave an example of going to a Third World Country, and the missionary explaining that he had been trying to teach the people to plant their own crops to feed their families. However, these people are sooooooooooooooo starving for food, that they eat the seed that is given to them, instead of planting it. In turn they are starving AGAIN. I think that is what has happened to me. And it happens to alot of people with busy schedules...sometimes even busy with ministry stuff.

I heard a quote the other day that said, "if satan can't get you to quit ministry-he will get you to do TOO much of it-in order to burn out, get sick, etc"...

I Peter 5:8 be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.

We let our lives get so out of balance. I let my life get out of balance, and when I do that...I lose purpose.

Ephesians 5 says, in verse 15 Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil. Therefore do not be vague and thoughtless and foolish, but understanding and firmly grasping what the will of the Lord is.


And then I heard a teaching on Moses.

This great man that was used by God. But he lost his fire and God had to replace him with someone with Fresh Faith and Fresh Fire and he missed the promised land. But when you think of Moses it's easy to empathize with him...wondering around a desert for 40 years with grumbling people. (wow, how this sounds like life today, doesn't it ?) God provides for his needs (manna from heaven and water from a rock) but when the desert season last a little bit longer than Moses wanted it to and needs water again-God instructs him to speak to the rock...but he whacked the rock instead.

How typical of humans to strike something out of frustration, especially when our desert season is longer than we would like....instead of speaking God's truth over the situation...

Proverbs 29:18 (Amplified Bible)where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people PERISH; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man]--blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.

Do you know the Definition of the word Perish ?

to deteriorate
to be ruined
to be destroyed
to cause to die
to weaken
to make NUMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I heard the word numb, I stopped in my tracks...

When we begin to lose our vision, we lose our fire and become numb... We begin to get sloppy about our obedience to God and we begin to make comprises.

I don't want to miss it like Moses did, I want to be obedient to what God has asked me to do...I begged God to refresh my soul, my spirit, my heart and mind...and my vision.

On opening night of our Glory of Christmas, God used the 2 guys that portray Jesus in our play... it didn't matter if they were acting or not...God used them to break my heart, to take my breath away...and totally minister to me. (Thanks Stewart and Mike)

During this holiday season, If you are struggling with being numb, distant, tired, whatever it may be....May I encourage you to look at the life of Christ and be refreshed...The STONE is rolled away...that resurrection power lives in us as Christians.

As the end of this year draws near, and 2007 approaches...I am praying for a fresh revelation, a fresh faith and a fresh fire!

Isaiah 43
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

18 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Kurtz said...

Great entry. Great fresh time with God you had. This kind of entry is why I want you to keep blogging. :) I love how God has us so many times in the same place. I will pray this entry over you for 2007. God wants to give us that new vision...and we need to speak that. I am so proud of you.

PS Dont forget...though we had no Beth or Joyce...I would take that trip to Australia anyday. God sure made his amazing makr on us...GIVING us that trip. I know you know that and remember that....but like you said....that doesnt keep us in "communion" with God....not even a trip "down under" seein His Glory in Australia keeps us in our Fathers lap....it just reminds us that he gives good gifts and encourages us to be close to him. We learned a lot on that trip...(we need to talk about our learnings this year next time we meet up)...but in this "numbness" God is still speaking to you....hear his voice and act. I need to do the same thing. Love you so much.
KK

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home