Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Monday, February 27, 2006

Grandma Tina

Giving without expecting anything in return-no strings attached.

I love to send cards, emails, flowers to people. I love to be at a store and see something that reminds me of that someone and buy it. It is what makes me tick, and broke...hahahaha.

I think I get that from my Grandma Rowe.

I remember as a little girl, my grandma taking me to some toy stores to give her some ideas for Christmas. Growing up, my parents raised my brother and I to be thankful. We didn't whine, (well that much) and to never, never ever stomp our feet at a store, wanting something, and having to be dragged out of the store by our feet. (some of you parents know exactly what I am talking about)

So I knew the store rules on this adventure with Grandma. As I was holding her hand walking down the isles of Toys R Us... there it was! The most beautiful stuffed bear in the world! It was huge. I stopped. I didn't say a word. My mouth dropped to the ground, my hands clasped together on my chest. (can you picture it? Steve says I still do that when I go shopping...haha) Grandma immediately knew that I wanted THAT bear. (could it have been my starey eyed look ?? haha

She walked over to the bear and looked at the price tag. She said, "oh honey, that's expensive, that's a little out of grandma's price range...let's see what else the store has". So we walked away and continued looking.

Guess what was under the Christmas Tree that year?? MY BEAR! I squealed, I jumped up and down...I ran over and picked it up and began to hug the stuffing out of it. Then I remembered what Grandma said...it was too expensive. I knew that she and my grandpa didn't have alot of money. I turned and looked at her..."but Grandma it's too expen.." she interrupted me...'OH honey...it was worth every penny to see you react that way!"

I knew that my grandma loved me with or without the bear. BUT because she loved me, she WANTED to give this gift to me. I think so many people have reversed this and have screwed this up. So many people go out and try to 'buy affection' from someone...I heared it said, that love is spelled out T-I-M-E... it's not about things.

God is that way with us. He love us, and because He loves us, He longs to give us things to see us smile, squeel, jump up and down. He is NOT a geanie in a bottle to make wishes too. So many people run to Him with a wish list and when He doesn't come through they write Him off. That's not what He is about.

He knows what is best. He knows our dreams. He hasn't forgetton about you. His timing is Perfect

I John 3:1..How great the love the Father has LAVISHED on us, that we are called the children of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home