Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hello Everyone...
Well, I've decided to join the world of blogging :) So for my first "post", I have decided to share my New Years Email that I sent out to my friends and family. It's a bit long...and I promise that my new blogs will NOT be this long.

It's funny to go back and read what I wrote, and to see what God is doing currently in my life! He makes me laugh. He is in Control! and worth trusting.

**New Years 2005***
I just wanted to wish all of you a great Christmas and New Year's. And if you think this will be super long and sappy...well...you are right! :) LOLOL

It's been an exciting year. I was blessed to be able to travel with my dear friend Kristi to several conferences in Indiana :) I was also able to travel to Kansas City, to hang with my brother and family. I usually only see them once a year...so this was an awesome treat!! The highlight of that trip was my time spent with my sister in law Jani :) I am so fortunate and blessed to have such Godly, inspiring sister in laws. Jani and Kelly, I love you both so much!



I was blessed to be a part of my church's new Worship Cd (www.northridgechurch.com) I was able to sing with my closest of friends and my church family the choir. (Kristi, Shelly, Carrie, Bonnie, Mark, Kenny, Rickey,Geoff, and Paul and Jeree...AND THE CHOIR ??you are the best...Love you so much! I was (and still am) humbled to have been selected to sing on 2 of the songs on the cd...when there are far better voices at our church. I am humbled, and honored everytime I sing for God.
*I've decided to show some pictures of my wonderful friends...They are so cute, huh? :)


The Lord has been teaching me many things this year...below are a couple of those things... There was so much disaster with Hurricane Katrina and so much sickness (my nephew Connor, my father in law Frank, my grandma Tina, my friend Ed, just to name a few) this past year. I have come to appreciate the ones I love, to forgive quickly, and laugh a lot more...life is too short. Don't take for granted those good friends that God has placed in your life. Love on those challenging family members...it's always worth it in the end.

Seize the day!!!enjoy every day that God gives to you..life is to short to complain and be negative.

Go and help others in need...whether it be a missions trip, going down to help Katrina victims, working with Habitat for Hummanity, Focus Hope for single mothers and the elderly...maybe even a Soup Kitchen.. You come to appreciate so much, when you get out there and serve others.

I have to come realize that I have so much, in a world that feels they never have enough.

Take risks, take a class, read a book...do something new! :) Get out of the boat of our comfort zones and see life. Stop being afraid of the "what if's" in life...but be excited about "what will be" !!! God has so much for us as individuals. He has given us talents, and ablitites that benefit others. YES YOU! You are His Beloved. He has created a beautiful world all around us, whether we live in Michigan, Kansas City, New Mexico...it's all amazing. Just step outside and see for yourself!

Take time out for yourself, to revive yourself spiritually, physically, emtionally and mentally...no one can do it for you.

but one reoccurring thing that God has been teaching me, is that HE is more than Enough. No matter what I am going through, He is the one to count on, rely on and the best friend to have!
I have also realized how important it is to be thankful for all that God has given me (yes, even the job that is hard to come to day in, day out:)...but most importantly His gift of love in giving His Son, Jesus.

This past November I was able to see one of my favorite artist Bebo Norman, who gave a quick testimony of his travels to South Africa. While he was there, visiting a husband and wife in their 30's with 2 little kids, who live in a 1 bedroom shack, and live off of rice and water. Bebo asked this man, "is there anything you dreamed to have someday? are there days you wished you had more to give your family and to yourself"....and the man answered Bebo saying, "I have a roof over my head, rice to eat, clean water for my children, a beautiful wife and Jesus...sir, I am RICH, I KNOW JESUS...I have more than I could have ever dreamed for!"...

The fullness of Christ...what a beautiful thing!! Oh to be able to answer such a question like that!!! I pray as we face a new year we would remember how Rich we are in Christ.

An elderly gentlemen at church came up to me this year after singing "Friend of God" ... He said, "hey you are that girl that jumps up and down on that Friend of God song, aren't ya?..well, I have something to say to you young lady,... (as I was preparred to get a tongue lashing that I should be more reserved in church, ) the elderly man exclaimed"...DON'T EVER STOP, Don't EVER stop Jumpin' for Jesus..if these feeble legs could do it, I'd be jumping with you! :)God is too big, too good, too gracious and too loving not to jump up and down about!" Amen!! I couldn't help but cry...to hear this 70 year old man to say, "Don't Stop Jumpin' for Jesus"!

...and so I say that to all of you!!!! God is too Good, too Gracious and too Loving not to jump up and down about...so Jump for Him ! :)

He has given us power to TRAMPLE over the snakes and scorpions in our lives! Luke 10:19

Lord, I pray that You would reveal Yourself to me,my friends and my family in new ways this year. May we cast aside all the junk that distracts us from you. May we hear YOUR Voice Lord, above anyone else's. Help us to share Your love with others...oh How they need You Lord. Help us to see our identity in You as You see us...as Your Beloved! The King's Beloved. I love You Lord.-In the Mighty Name of Jesus Amen.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Love y'all Stacey

*below is an excerpt from a friends webBlog..Ginny...she wrote it...so I must give her the credit...I couldn't have said it any better :)

As I Walk With God And Others
I am learning the value of friendship
These are some of the qualities I love in my friends;
Laughing at lifes absurdities
Being able to say and hear I messed up
and know I am forgiven and forgive others freely
Speaking the truth in love into each others lives
Being able to pick up where we left off and it feels like yesterday :)( *you know who you are!)
A knowing when to get in touch and its a Divine timing
Praying thru the trials in lifeRejoicing and celebrating the milestones and victories!!!
I am so blessed by the people God has placed in my life.
I know this is and will be the year of establishing, building and celebrating friendships. I am amazed at Gods beauty in others.
The inward beauty is precious and as I study the life of Jesus, I see the qualities I cherish in a friend in that of Christ himself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you guys leading me to worship so much! I continue to pray that NRC realizes what talent they have in you and Kristi

5:18 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Kurt-
Aint nothing like worshippin' with family! next to Kristi and you in the 2nd row! You led me into worship more times than you realize. Thank you.

God is Great!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home