Lavishly Loved

I'm a simple girl with a huge heart for God, family and friends.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Sunday, February 12, 2006



Capetown, South Africa

A heart for missions, a heart for worship, ...a heart for God.

South Africa, has been the place that my husband has had the distinct pleasure of visiting on 2 separate occasions.( serving 2 wonderful missionairies Ted and Diane Weinberg) He has a heart for this country, and the people there.

Steve has asked if I would prayerfully consider doing a missions trip with him, to his beloved Capetown. (it really is beautiful isn't it ? :) But it's sooooooooooooooooooo far away, and I don't fly so well. ( I know, I know it's the plane flying..it's my stomach that has the issues)...so anyways my answer has always been...well...NO WAY...I'll live vicariously through him.

But sometime last August (after a Leadership Conference) South Africa came up every time I turned around...on tv, the radio, school, a guest speaker, work, at a Bebo Norman Concert... And everytime my heart would feel a tug.

I didn't really give it a second thought, because, even though I have a heart for missions (and missionaries). I can love them, pray for them, & send them financial support without ever getting on a long plane ride. :)

But I AM getting on a plane in just a couple of weeks, to go half way around the world to Australia. It's going to be quite a journey...like a 20 hour plane ride actually, or so I've heard. Now some of you might be asking...sure go to Australia with your friends, and not go to S.Africa with your husband??) LONG Story! But God has made it almost impossible for me NOT to go to Australia!

I think this is a HUGE stepping stone to enable me to do something I've always dreamed of doing but had too many fears...and that is, traveling around the world. (*and doing it on my own with a great friend, but without family...a little out of my comfort zone)

So Capetown, South Africa ? ..someday my love, I WILL go there with you, and trust God for whatever plans He has for us :) xoxo

Yikes...a 20 hour flight to Australia...pray people pray!! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe God gave you this opportunity you couldn't say no to so that you will be able to say yes to something else... Hmmm...could be an interesting year for you Ms. Hoover!!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home